Monday 8 December 2014

Reshooting Image 1

For the reshoot of image 1 I chose to keep quite similar to my initial design and create a 'mens' look.
I chose a leaf design after playing around with textures and sketches, and was slightly inspired by Poison Ivy from Batman.
To create this look I cleansed and toned the skin, before flattening the brows with pritt stick and applying Ben Nye nose & scar wax over the cheekbones and brows.
I engraved the cheeks with the leaf vein design using a sharpened pencil to get precision.
I then sealed this using Kryolan sealer, and used orange supracolour over the shadows that the brow hair had left in the skin.
I powdered over the wax areas, before dabbing foundation over them using a sponge, and applied foundation over the rest of the skin using a brush, and blended it in.
I then powdered and contoured slightly to finish off.


After applying the wax to the cheeks and the pritt stick to the brows.





Overall I am happy with how this shoot turned out. I struggled with the texture on the brows, but I think that in images it came out quite well. I think I should focus on powdering the wax a little more as it reflects light quite a lot more than natural skin, so in future I should think of ways to stop this so it looks more natural under lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment