Friday 24 October 2014

Scarification, Gelatin, Latex, Tuplast

Health and Safety
Liquid Latex:

  • Ensure area is ventilated- open lid and air out for a few seconds before using- has a strong ammonia smell
  • Always test model on inside of the wrist for allergy or irritation
  • Do not use on hair
Gelatin:
  • Model may have issue if they are vegan or vegetarian
Tuplast:
  • Contains acetone and alcohol- be careful around eyes and sensitive areas.
  • Alcohol based so is generally hypoallergenic, but if irritation occurs remove immediately.
Liquid latex, Tuplast and String
Remember:
  • Tuplast is great for creating natural looking scarification- let dry and either powder or use supra/aquacolour to get desired effect.
  • Alcohol based
  • Squeeze straight from tube
  • Replace lid after use-dries out quickly.
For this lesson I used some string looped decorations that I found in Fabric Land, as well as some small metal poppers. I started by coating one side of the looped string in liquid latex and applying that to Nicole's chest, then applying the second piece on the other side, keeping it as symmetrical as possible.

Next I applied the poppers. I chose to use the side that sticks out, and I again coated one side in liquid latex before placing them on her chest, trying to stay symmetrical and central.


 I then set these using a hairdryer, being careful that it didn't get hot and heat up the metal poppers as this could've cause Nicole some discomfort or even burns.


After that I coated everything with a layer of liquid latex to seal all the edges in, and then dried it once more with the hair dryer.



One of the string pieces had a drip of liquid latex from the hairdryer, so I got a cotton bud and blended this off with acetone.



 After all the latex had set, I applied Tuplast below the poppers in a v shape, with 3 short lines on each side. I then used my foundations and concealers to blend the new attatchments into the skin, really concentrating on making sure the colours matched the natural skin tone.




 This was the final look. I am happy with how it turned out, and especially like the poppers as I think they look like some alien or robotic implant. I need to focus a little more on blending in the edges of the liquid latex, and being careful to build up thin layers instead of applying too much at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment