Wednesday 12 November 2014

First Shoot- Evaluation.


These are two images I had on my phone of the look I created last week. I was quite happy with how it turned out, but I could definitely improve on blending the putty out and creating a more skin-like look.

I used Ben Nye Nose and Scar wax on the cheekbones to create this look. I used this because I wanted to create the look of more prominent cheekbones, whilst still being able to cut into it to make an interesting design on the 'skin'. I wanted the design to look like this was the model's actual face and skin, and that she just had an interesting body modification.
I think the face that I didn't try to cover too much of the face with the wax worked well as I may have bitten off more than I could chew and ended up not doing a very good job of blending the wax into the skin, resulting in an unrealistic look where the wax was obvious.
I think the tools I used to blend out the wax were really useful, and helped me to create a natural blend into the skin. I do however think I need to practice the cuts, and also blending the wax in a little more as some of the edges could be cleaned up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment