Monday 10 November 2014

Drawing with Kevin Dean

Along with our makeup lessons, we have had drawing classes with Kevin Dean
In the first lesson we practised drawing lines.
Next we looked at drawing skulls from observation, at different angles.



 Then we tried drawing an image upside down, here they are the right way up. This was quite a challenge. We did this to practice proportions.

Next we looked at drawing the face/head
Loomis, A, (2011), Drawing the head [ONLINE]. Available at: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEinJSc1OmW0B4-9pf0oVxa21I_TgGTWFujx1Ik_Dv74aSOjS66r6mlI3WvqmUCK_bJdaX_mBd_o6mJaDnIKYIObqZvXYSdZ5BDoVpPvY-5osyJe7XLizeuJYLduE_A-kDSr21Woxxgc/s640/AndrewLoomis5.png [Accessed 10 November 14].
We were then set homework to do 2 self portraits using a mirror and 4 portraits of friends or family.

These were my self portraits. I found this quite challenging to do in the mirror as I kept moving and losing the position I was sat in or how I was looking at the mirror.




I found the portraits of friends and family difficult also, but i don't think I've got the proportions too far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment